★★★
1. I can't believe the actors are the same age. That is really insane.
2. Makeup symbolism is my best friend; Sofia Coppola is always doing this for me. Thank you. I can't decide if Winnie and I forgive her for the incident where she ran out of books to sign at the Marc Jacobs bookstore before they got to us in line, but I think probably not.
3. I wish they showed Priscilla giving birth. Weird thing to say, but I wanted to see her experience something sharp and real for one second!!!!!!
4. This wreaked hell on my current shopping addiction.
5. I went back and looked at stills of Priscilla and Elvis from the Austin Butler movie. They’re objectively very attractive people, but it’s crazy that they were immediately put up against two of the most beautiful people on earth like one year later. I'm not even joking, I would probably end my life if I knew I was going to be photoshopped next to Caliee Spaeny and Jacob Elordi in articles wearing the same outfits.
6. I liked the "Oye Como Va" needle drop.
7. I'm really face blind so when Priscilla looked normal again at the end of the movie, I was like, who is that. Spaeny is so awesome and like a chameleon in this movie and her subtle acting is really good.
8. Elordi is good too, but I can’t believe Elvis genuinely talked like that. To be honest, sometimes I can’t believe he was for real named Elvis.
9. I think it was so smart to make there be a (symbolic?) crazy height difference. Like straight up genius. Everyone needs to get over accuracy in biopic casting and fit the story they're creating, which my bff frenemy Sofia Coppola is always doing. Thank you.
10. I NEED THEIR PAJAMAS. Everything they slept in, I need to have in my house.
11. Those sideburns looked like shit; I’d divorce him too. My god…
12. Some of the dialogue was so on the nose I didn't like it. But it's fine, and it was delivered well.
13. Where was the Elvis sandwich?
14. And IIIIII will always love youuuu :(
15. After I finished the movie, I went back and changed my Elvis (2022) rating to two stars instead of three.
No comments:
Post a Comment